South Melbourne & Ivanhoe’s Trusted Female ISET Hypnotherapist
Are you tired of feeling overwhelmed by stress and anxiety? Do you want to find a natural, effective way to manage these emotions and live a more peaceful life? Look no further than Restore Your Mind Hypnotherapy in South Melbourne & Ivanhoe!
With the power of hypnosis, you can tap into your subconscious mind and release negative thought patterns that are holding you back. Get ready to say goodbye to stress and hello to a happier, healthier you!
What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is a form of psychotherapy that uses hypnosis, a trance-like state of deep relaxation, to help patients overcome problems. It is widely used to treat anxiety, stress, and pain and improves sleep, concentration, and self-esteem.
Many different techniques can be used to induce hypnosis. However, all methods aim to achieve the same goal: to help the individual relax and focus their attention. Some of the most common techniques include:
- Visualisation: We will ask the individual to imagine a peaceful scene or place. This can help the person to relax and feel more comfortable.
- Relaxation: Our hypnotherapist will encourage individuals to focus on relaxing their bodies and minds. This can be done through deep breathing exercises or progressive muscle relaxation.
- Focused Attention: We will ask the individual to focus their attention on a specific object or idea. This can help to distract from negative thoughts or feelings.
Issues Hypnotherapy Can Assist
Hypnotherapy is a versatile treatment that can be used to treat a variety of conditions. Here are some of the most common conditions that can be treated with hypnotherapy:
- Anxiety: Hypnotherapy can help to relieve anxiety by teaching you how to relax and manage your thoughts.
- Stress: Stress can be caused by many different factors, but hypnotherapy can help to relieve stress by teaching you how to manage your thoughts and emotions, without getting angry.
- Depression: Depression is a serious condition that can be treated with medication, but hypnotherapy can also help to relieve the symptoms of depression and sadness by teaching you how to manage your thoughts and emotions.
- Insomnia: Insomnia is a common problem that can be treated with hypnotherapy by teaching you how to relax and sleep peacefully.
- Addictions: Hypnotherapy can be used to help people overcome addictions by teaching them how to control their cravings and break free from unhealthy habits.
- Pain Management: Hypnotherapy can help manage physical pain by helping you relax and reduce the intensity of the sensation.
- Phobias: Phobias can be managed with hypnotherapy by teaching you how to confront and manage your fear responses.
- Eating Disorders: Hypnotherapy can be used to help people with eating disorders by teaching them how to replace unhealthy behaviours with healthier ones.
- Weight Loss: Hypnotherapy offers a unique approach to weight loss by addressing the mental and emotional factors that contribute to your relationship with food and your body.
Benefits of Professional Hypnotherapy
If you’re struggling with stress or anxiety, professional hypnotherapy can be an extremely effective way to help you feel better. Here are just a few of the benefits that you may experience:
Reduced stress and anxiety: One of the most common reasons people seek out hypnotherapy is to help reduce stress and anxiety levels. And it’s no wonder – research has shown that hypnosis can effectively reduce both of these issues.
Improved sleep: If you’re having trouble sleeping, hypnosis can help. It can relax your mind and body, making it easier for you to fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night.
Pain relief: Hypnosis has been shown to be effective in reducing pain from conditions like headaches, arthritis, and fibromyalgia.
Increased confidence: If you lack confidence, hypnotherapy can help increase your self-esteem and make you feel more positive about yourself. This can be extremely beneficial in both your personal and professional life.
Enhanced relaxation: Hypnotherapy can help you relax both your body and mind. This can be beneficial if you’re feeling overwhelmed or are dealing with a lot of stress.
Improved focus: If you’re having difficulty focusing or concentrating, hypnosis can help. It can reduce distractions and help you stay on task more easily.
Our Qualified Hypnotherapist – About Valerie
Valerie is a highly qualified and experienced hypnotherapist who has been helping people overcome stress and anxiety for many years. She is a registered member of the Australian Hypnotherapists Association.
Valerie deeply understands how stress and anxiety can impact our lives, and she is passionate about helping her clients overcome these challenges so they can live happier healthier lives.
She offers a safe, supportive environment where her clients can explore their challenges and work towards overcoming them. Valerie uses techniques, including hypnosis, RTT & ISET, to help her clients achieve their goals.
Her methodology is highly integrated with a focus on helping you transform without the need for lengthy treatment – coming from her own life experiences, she is calm and compassionate and will be there with you all the way.
What you can expect from your hypnotherapy sessions
We can conduct in-person hypnotherapy sessions at our South Melbourne & Ivanhoe clinics or online via a secure connection.
Hypnotherapy and RTT can be powerful experiences. Valerie our hypnotherapist applies different approaches based on your particular needs.
First, she’ll discuss your issues confidentially and go through some questions. This step is as much about you being comfortable as identifying what we can do together.
Then she’ll transition you to a relaxed and focused state of mind, using a process very much like meditation but with a key difference. Once you’re in this state of deep relaxation, we start looking inwards, to tease out your own internal resources and work to identify what’s important to your progress.
Book A Hypnotherapy Appointment Today
If you’re struggling with stress and anxiety, professional hypnotherapy could be the answer you’ve been looking for. At our South Melbourne and Ivanhoe clinics, our experienced hypnotherapist Valerie can help you to overcome your challenges and take control of your life.
Booking a hypnotherapy appointment is easy – call us or fill out our online form. We offer a complimentary 30-minute consultation so that you can see if hypnotherapy is right for you, and we’ll work with you to create a tailor-made treatment plan.
So what are you waiting for? Contact us today to book your appointment and start on the road to a happier, healthier life.
For a complimentary 30 minute consultation, please schedule a time below or you can call 0422 376 846:
HYPNOTHERAPY FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a way of directly accessing the subconscious mind so that clients can understand what is running their unwanted behaviours and then become free of them through a process of suggestion that bypasses the conscious mind and the critical factor, allowing the mind to accept a suggestion it would previously have not accepted.
Can I get ``stuck`` in hypnosis?
No! That’s an old wives’ tale. You have complete control the whole time. You can talk, move your body, get a tissue, and even get up and leave. If our session is via zoom and the call gets disconnected, you may drift into sleep if you’re really relaxed, but eventually, you’ll notice that you do not hear my voice and will open your eyes.
What if I go back to scenes that are painful or scary?
If you go back to scenes from your life that are related to things like sexual or physical abuse, or other trauma, it’s important to remember that you are not reliving that scene; you are simply reviewing it and that you are safe. I will support you and create a safe space to express your emotions and heal – you’ll be OK.
When will I start to see changes?
There are 3 types of change from Hypnotherapy – every person is different:
- Immediate: You immediately feel a massive shift – immediate changes in your physiology, thoughts, and behaviours in the session.
- Incremental: You see consistent shifts every day or over time.
- Retroactive: You don’t see the shifts right away, and then one day, you suddenly look back and see all of the different things in your life.
What can I expect during a hynotherapy session?
During a typical hypnotherapy session, you will sit or recline comfortably with your eyes closed. The hypnotherapist will then begin talking to you in a calming voice and may use soothing visualisations or imagery to relax you further. Once you are in a deep state of relaxation, the therapist will make suggestions designed to help you reach your goals. After the session is over, you will likely feel refreshed and relaxed.
Is hypnotherapy safe?
Yes, hypnotherapy is safe when performed by a licensed professional. However, some risks are involved, such as exacerbating underlying mental health conditions or causing false memories. Be sure to discuss your concerns with your hypnotherapist before beginning treatment.